IMPACTIntergenerational Mentoring Program
A collaborative project between the Arizona Education Association-Retired (AEA-Retired), and AEA-Student Program (AEA-SP) with the full support and cooperation of the National Education Association, the Arizona Education Association, Arizona State University, and the University of Arizona.
to establish and maintain an on-going mentorship program between the AEA-Retired and the AEA-SP that will continue through the student-teaching experience and first five years of teaching.
- To encourage and help to retain those teachers taking our places in Arizona schools
- To provide an AEA-Retired member as a mentor the year prior to the AEA-SP member's "student teaching" experience through his/her first five years of teaching
- To provide a relationship outside of the collegiate or professional world, in which the beginning teacher can share the real challenges they face and the mentor can address those challenges
- To provide support apart from those directly involved in the evaluation process.
- To utilize the knowledge and experience of retired teachers in the development and training of future teachers by providing no-cost professional development sessions
- To provide a relaxed and flexible environment where mentors and students can build a worthwhile and productive relationship
For further information about he program, please contact
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE AZ IMPACT HOME PAGE